Five gadgets that you need in your kitchen and five things that nobody needs!
For some people cooking is very simple activity that they always had in their blood. While for some cooking is a great pleasure, for the others it might be a nightmare, and every time they need to cook is as it they were going to execution. Cooking can be difficult for those who do not know how to use some kitchen appliances. In order to make such people’s lives easier, there are some very useful and practical gadgets which can turn cooking into a great fun. However, there should be added that gadgets which are presented in this article, are not only designated for people who need help in the kitchen, but also for those who are good at cooking.
One of the most mysterious ritual is to separate yolks with whites. Even experienced cooks may fail to do it properly, so all the more reason amateurs can fail to do it as well. However, it should not be a problem anymore, since the moment the yolker has been developed. Now, you can break all eggs into the same bowl, and then in the very simple and quick manner, you will separate whites with yolks. Moreover, if you use the yolker your countertops remain clean. This magical device suits to each kitchen and it is also really good idea to buy it as a gift. Another thing everyone dreams about is one lid which fits all pots. Now, it is possible to make your dreams come true, because such lid has been already developed. You can put it on the smaller pot, and it becomes smaller over boiling. We should also mention about its easy and safe pouring strainer function which allows you to stain your food without risk of burning yourself and throwing food into the sink. We would also like to recommend some solution for another very difficult activity such measuring temperature of the water, or food. Some of you probably ask yourselves “How can I get to know that it already proper temperature or not?!”. Now, you do not have to worry about it anymore.
Thanks to device known as the Range, you can easily measure the temperature. It is also known simply as the thermometer but undoubtedly it is not the simplest one. It works only together with the iPhone or iPad. The Range is made from silicon, which stands high temperature, so you can put into the hot water or inside your oven. The temperature is measured and then presented on the special temperature alert on your iPhone/iPad. The thermometer is the best for unexperienced cooks who do not know when the proper temperature has been achieved. The last but not least is the glass which will not fall! Have you ever wondered how much coffee, juice, wine and beer you have spilled over your life? We can tell you, the answer is very simple: definitely too much! Spilled drinks do not only mean spilled drink, but also wasting your money, and stop enjoying drinking. On the market, there are available glass and mugs which, thanks to special technology, are griped to the tables or the counters. This is another fantastic gadget for cooking beginners who do not know how to organize their work in the kitchen, so drinks’ spilling happens to them quite often.
How to renew your ugly laminate countertops with the natural stone look
Countertops are said to be the most representative parts of all kitchens and cabinets. It is very important to have beautiful, durable, easy-to-clean and practical countertops. However, countertops which we have already described are quite expensive and not everyone can afford to buy them. Are your countertops in really bad condition, but you are on the budget now, and buying beautiful marble or granite countertops will cost too much for you? If your answers these two questions are “Yes”, we will tell you what you can do to make your countertops nice and aesthetically looking at a low cost. You do not have to change them right now, but there are some other inexpensive and creative ways to refresh your countertops and therefore your entire kitchen.
One of the simplest solutions is covering countertops with the contact paper. The first step to take is cleaning your countertops. Make sure that they are really clean and dry, and there is nothing on them. You can even sand them and after that just use the soaped water. We definitely recommend cleaning them twice. After that, take the measures to know how much of paper you need. Every measure you take, leave at least one inch more, to be sure that you will get enough paper. The only accessories you need are the knife or scissors to cut edges of the paper, and some item to smooth out countertops.
The other solution is to put the big cutting board on the tops of your countertops. It does not have to cover the whole surface, but try to hide all the ugliest places. Such big cutting board is quite cheap, beautiful and practical. This trick is especially recommended to those people who wanted to have the butcher countertop. However, if you wish, you can also change your countertops into big wooden butcher block, but remember about your sink edges and other details because matching block to all of them will take much more time. Another option is to paint your old countertops. If they are laminate, you can paint them quite easily. The new cover of paint and the new sealing will completely change the look of countertops.To update your old countertops, you can cover it with some colorful tiles. Such countertops will become more durable, very practical and easy to clean.
Another solution is to cover countertops with the thin concrete overlay. It looks stylish in both traditional and modern kitchen design. Such countertops are glossy and more durable. Additionally, if there were any inconsistencies on your old countertops, concrete layer will make it cohesive. Those who are dreaming about natural stone look, they can achieve it by painting countertops with acrylic painting and faux painting sponge technique. We hope that you will take a use of any of our ideas. Probably all of you desire to have elegant countertops made from natural stone, but until you cannot afford to buy them, try one of our proposals. They will bring the new look to your kitchen again, and you will be satisfied that you saved your money and did everything on your own.
During the processing of natural stone a lot of scrap is created and it is a valuable product. Yes, the scraps have different shapes, sizes and textures, but nothing prevents you to use them in a creative way. They have excellent durability and a great look, so they can be used for interior decoration or in the garden. You have no idea what to do with granite off cuts? We have a few suggestions. Perhaps you’ll love one of them.
Granite off cuts – ideas for use
- Fireplace – is probably one of the most popular uses of granite off cuts. Due to the fact that they are non-combustible and resistant to high temperatures they can be used for the fireplace or lining the floor around it. You only need to choose the right color (important note – it should match the shade of walls and furniture), and come up with a pattern to take action. It will fit in arrangement and will form an integral part of it.
- Wall – granite off cuts can also be used to decorate one wall in the living room or the space between the cabinets in the kitchen. They can also be used to mask inequalities on the walls and create one original composition, which will attract the eye of everyone who looks at it. In terms of patterning and color selection – there is full freedom. You just have to let your imagination run wild and utilize your creativity. It should be also added that the granite does not absorb water, and thanks to its perfectly smooth surface, its structure does not absorb water, so keeping it in a pristine condition does not require multiple treatments.
- Table – what else can you do with granite off cuts (the material you will buy here: Bespoke-Worktops)? Use them to decorate the table! Just stick it to the top and you’re done. It is only important that the selection of granite off cuts have a smooth surface, similar color and straight edges, so that the distances between them are almost equal, which is very aesthetically pleasing look.
- Elevation – granite off cuts are perfectly suited to decorate and secure the house facade against moisture. They are very resistant to adverse weather conditions and their durability is legendary. They come in various colors, which mostly consists of shades of green, so you can easily compose them with white, meringue, browns etc., Which are the most popular colors of the external plaster.
- Stairs – granite off cuts are also suitable for cladding the stairs, but then you need to choose those with a matt surface. Perfectly smooth granite off cuts will not work out, because in case of rain, snow or frost they will be so slippery that walking on them would be risky.
- Fences – another way to use scrap – walls and concrete pillars in the fences. Decorating them with granite off cuts will bring an elegant and luxurious expression. Besides, they will be protected against the adverse conditions, such as high and low temperature and humidity.
- Paths, walkways – stone scrap can also be used to line the paths in the garden or walkway leading to the door of the property. Not only do they look elegant, they are very durable and resistant. It is a natural material that looks great on a vegetation background.
Have you ever wondered what to do with the space over your kitchen cabinet? We would like to instruct you how you can decorate it easily and at low cost.
The first step is to take the measurement of your cabinet. You should star measuring from the top moulding part of your cabinet. Remember that between the top of the cabinet and your ceiling should be 18 inches (about 45 cm). Really important thing is that this space should be measured not from the moulding part of your cabinet but from the recessed part to the ceiling. Such detail plays a key role in the whole process of decorating, because if your space is less than 18 inches, then you had better not decorate at all. The problem is that putting anything on the top of cabinets will simply look unaesthetically. In most of your kitchens, probably in the top of the cabinetsfor many years, there has been placed greenery which not only does not look good, but also collects a lot of dust. If this refers to you, you had better take this entire staff as soon as it possible and get rid of it. Now, you can think about what can replaced those awful and awkward decorations.
Actually, anything you opt for will be appropriate, but the best effect will be brought by works of art or some kitchen accessories. No matter what you choose, you should remember about mildness and the consistency of your items. In addition, keep in mind that always bigger items look much better than the smaller ones as they just more visible, and no one has to think what it exactly is. If you collect your accessories, then you can proceed with decorating. We really want to draw your special attention to the role of your accessories which should decorate the interior, not make a mess. Imagine that the tops of your cabinets are glass cases and you need to beautifully display your items. First of all, you should use something to elevate your decorations. For such purpose, it is recommended to take something what you already have in your home, for example, an old and unnecessary big book. It will be invisibleat all, so there is no need to waste your money on buying something new. Moreover, you should group your items. Do not put them chaotically, but logically, make kind of “clusters”. Another important thing is to find a balance between colours of your cabinet and decorations. If your cabinet is in more extravagant color like green or orange, as your decoration choose something in soft colours like white or beige. If your cabinets are brown, or white, then you can go for more bold items.
However, remember that such decorations should not be the first thing which catch your and guests’ attention. The same refers to the style, so if your cabinets are rather old-fashioned, modern decorations will not suit to them, and vice versa, modern cabinetry will not go with some antiques such old watch or vase. In case of long cabinets with the same height, you should find a focal point – one the best place where you can put your items. Remember about these several tips and your cabinets and thereby kitchen will charm everyone.